Emily Haworth

*The Artisan, Emily Haworth*

A couple of weeks ago, I read Trisha's interview with artist, Emily Haworth, for her Buy Handmade Series. I adore Emily's work. Her drawings look like film stills of movies I would love to see and worlds I want to jump into and explore. While reading Trisha's interview I also became enamored by Emily's outlook on life and her soft, convicted boldness of expression. When I visited Emily's website, I read a poem she's written and I wanted to share it with you:

Be happy for your battles, child; take heart in what you do.
Do not envy easy riders, child; your path has quite a view.
Discount the callous tongues, child; they do not have a clue.
You are what the world needs, child; stay uniquely you.
-Emily Haworth

This poem really spoke to me when I happened upon it. It was the new moon then, so I was feeling quite introspective and more sensitive. Some recent life events have caused me to reflect in new ways on a few things about my life and unique experiences. Emily's poem was a bright little seed of wisdom for me on a dark day. And her drawings, a welcomed escape into another space and time.

*Within the Mystic,Emily Haworth*

*The Mind's Eye, Emily Haworth*

I love that Emily's words and artwork inspired these reflective thoughts in me. Maybe you are intrigued by Emily too? Read Trisha's interview with Emily on Veranellies and visit Emily's blog. Her Etsy shop is adorable too, By Beep. Thank you, Emily, for your inspirational artwork and poetry. I'm looking forward to seeing more work from you.

Enjoy the full moon tonight.

♥ Andrea ♥

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the poem and pictures. I'm having a dark day (actually a dark month) and I feel a bit better for having seen them. Maybe the battles and the view will be worth it after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that you are going through a dark time. I'm so glad to know that my sharing Emily's work helped lighten your heart a little bit. May you come out the other side of this dark time with much strength, success and stories to share with others who experience similar battles to yours. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings here. ♥

      Delete

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.