Little Devil

Teetoo Devil Notebook Society6
Before Halloween 2015, I made some sketches of three vintage Halloween inspired characters; a devil, a screaming cat, and a pumpkinhead. You may remember the  below image of my sketches that I posted at that time.


This past Halloween I created a Pumpkinhead Illustration, last Halloween I shared a Screaming Cat Halloween Sewing Project, but I never did anything with this little devil and he's been in my mind. When we broke three of our favorite mugs (all but one of our large sized mug) in one week and I learned that Society6 was going to be offering the best deal I've ever seen from them, it was the impetus I needed to finally get this finished. Perhaps it seems a little out of season, but really, when is a penchant for the sinister ever out of season?

Teetoo Devil Mug Society6
I'm really happy with how these all turned out. I especially love the green zipper hoodie and notebook, though I may have to get myself a devil tote bag as well.

Upcoming sale details: up to 40% Off + Free Worldwide Shipping on Select Products
Start: Wednesday, 2/1 at 12:00am PT    End: Wednesday, 2/1 at 11:59pm PT
*Select Products include Phone Cases, Clear Cases, Laptop Sleeves, T-shirts, Leggings, Pouches, Totes, all Mugs, Cards, Notebooks
Teetoo Devil Hoodie Society6

Teetoo Devil Pouch Society6
Just as I did with the dolphin design I made last year, I used cut paper to create the image first and then scanned this into Photoshop and then used Illustrator to create the vector. Quite honestly, I'm not entirely sure why I put myself through this torture of a hobby, lol. It takes me so much time to create these little design experiments because there are many months between each try with Photoshop and Illustrator that I often forget how to do many things. Anyway, that's life with a creative hobby on top of  a full time job, a part time business, and parenting. I often think it's kind of amazing I get any creative projects accomplished at all. Somehow I can't seem to stop myself. 

Below is an image from the fall of the cut paper piece taped up in my sewing nook.

I do have some other things to share; some things that are old news, but I have yet to share them here and some exciting upcoming projects I'm working on this year. One is a big top secret surprise that I can't wait to finish and tell people about! It is not as simple as it once was for me to write posts about everything that I'm working on. I often think that I'm going to have time to blog about it all, but then the blogging never happens. If you want to see more of my creative projects, please follow me on Instagram (andrea.deal).

Have a great week!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.