A Pillow and a Potholder


I haven't seen my mother since the holidays. We are going to see her this week so I made her a pillow. She has a cream couch and burgundy chairs and accents so I think this pillow made with Moda Fabric by Erin Michael will look brilliant in her living room.

I love this simple pillow cover. It takes only minutes to make. I don't bother with zippers or anything, just an overlap of fabric in the back to allow for easy removal for washing. The pillow form is a cotton down-filled one from IKEA. It's 20" x 20". So, I cut my fabric 20" x 20" and then two pieces for the backing; one is 10" x 20" and the other is 18" x 20". I just ironed and sewed a 1/2" seam on the back pieces by ironing once 1/4" and then folding over a 1/2" and sewing straight across. Then I pinned it all together right sides facing with the smallest piece of fabric on the outside and sewed all the way around.


I also made a potholder in an attempt to do some more quilting before I actually sew a large quilt. I've decided that I hate binding. I'm not very good at it and it really frustrates me.

Now I think that the Tetris quilt may not be the first quilt I make. I've been planing a quilt for the bedroom and I've been collecting fabric. I've almost got all the pieces now. Here's what I've got so far.

I'm really excited about this project. It will look great in our room!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.