A Sweet Little Quilt

I managed to make a little quilt last weekend. I really like it but I must be very clear with you, when it comes to quilting, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING! But I keep trying and with every project, I learn a bit more.

This little blanket was inspired by the 'Story Time Quilt' in Sandi Henderson's book, Sewing Bits and Pieces. The pattern in the book is quite different and doesn't actually have any quilting on it. Mine did turn out really nicely but it doesn't work well as a quilt because of the ruffle. So, I just did a little bit of quilting on it. I stitched in the ditch around each large square and did one square around each of the little Eau De Mer fabric squares.


Check out that awesome fabric on the back! I found it at a thrift store many months ago. I got a huge piece of it; several yards for only $6!

This quilt will be sent to California soon to two wonderful people who deserve a very special gift made with love. I hope this blanket is destined for oodles of cuddles!

Have a fun weekend!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.