Bee Blogs to Love and a Bee Rescue


*image courtesy of The Winnebago Diaries*

There are two blogs that I love to read that are written by delightfully happy couples who also share a love of bees. I began reading The Winnebago Diaries after I read their featured seller interview on Etsy and fell head over heels for their love story. I've been a reader of their blog ever since. I highly recommend you take a look at their lovely Winnebago and read their post, Winnebago Project to see all of the work they did to create the love shack of their dreams on wheels.


*image courtesy of Honeylove*

Honeylove, is the Tumblr blog of our dear friends Rob and Chelsea. Are these two adorable or what? Not only are they incredibly good looking, they are both multi-talented and super sweet. Rob and Chelsea post interesting bee related facts, videos and cute pictures on Honeylove almost daily.



Over the weekend, I was reading the latest post on the Winnebago Diaries entitled, Wrong Hive, about bees who don't make it back to the hive within a day and how they can become severely dehydrated when this happens. They explained how giving bees some raw honey when this occurs can revive them. We have bees around our house that need to be ushered out almost on a daily basis. I had no idea that honey bees needed to make it back to their hives each day. Immediately upon reading the Winnebago Diaries post, I walked up stairs and found a poor honey bee in just the state they described. I love raw honey and always have some on hand so, I got out a little spoon and gave the wee bee a drink. I carried him outside on the spoon and set him down with a little dollop of the honey just in case he wanted some more. Moments later, my two year old daughter, Winona, excitedly exclaimed that he had flown back to his hive. We were all thrilled to help him and watch his recovery.

♥ Andrea ♥

1 comment:

  1. Excellent site you have here.. It's hard to find quality writing like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.