Winnie Truong



I've been meaning to show off the work of Winnie Truong for many months now. I first saw this piece by her a couple of years ago and inquired about her to my husband because she is a graduate of OCAD where my hubby works. Johnny explained to me that while he loved her work too, her pieces were huge and that I couldn't afford one. So I wrote to her to see if I could get my hands on a print. At that time, she didn't have prints available. But then to my delight, she decided to produce a limited edition run of prints along with the release of her last series of work, The Fringes. When she contacted me to see if I wanted one, I snatched it up right away!



This is the print we have and I love it! Do you love it too? You can purchase it right here.

I notice that I have a taste for beautiful things that teeter on the edge of the grotesque. Clearly, Winnie's work is just my kind of thing. I also have a bit of a love for teeth which is part of what made me fall for the first piece initially. I also love all of the detail in her work and the simplicity of her materials, pencil and paper.



Here's another piece that I think is adorable! We have a lot of purple in the living room and I'd love to see this piece in our house. But I have to come to terms with the fact that we just don't have the wall space for all of the artwork we've already collected!

If you love Winnie's work as much as I do, check out her website, blog and finally here's a fantastic article about Winnie on Hi-Frustose where you'll get a chance to peek into her studio and see her process for creating these amazingly beautiful oddities. Oh and don't forget to pick up your copy of the most recent Hi-Fructose magazine with Winnie's work on the front cover! Congratulations Winnie!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.