Forest Fairy


I got some cute pictures of the forest fairy I completed this week. If you didn't see the previous post about her, you can read it here. She turned out really lovely. I was so happy to give to her to my niece for her 8th birthday.

She's a fully pose-able jointed doll made with a cotton poly blend, cute Riley Blake cotton fabrics, a shiny polyester for her boots, her hair is wool and her features are hand embroidered. She sits up and stands if leaned up against something for support.

I learned a few things while making her, so when I make the ones for the shop, all of the little details that didn't turn out perfectly will be ironed out. For example, although I love her, I'm not in love with how her eyes turned out. Her eyes should be bigger and my embroidery skills just aren't where it's at. Speaking of embroidery, I really wish I could go and live in Barcelona for a few months just so I could take an embroidery class with Eva Monleon. I'm certainly going to keep practicing but I'm not sure if I'll stick with the embroidery for the fairy faces. I may give some plastic eyes I have on hand a try.

Her dress is removable and has a little opening in the back to allow her wings to pop out.


Boy, I loved sewing her little dress! I could totally get into sewing doll clothes!

If you fancy her and you'd like one for yourself, please send me an e-mail.

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.