Nivram: The Cat From The Forest


This cat is not our cat. But he looks surprisingly like our, Marvin. This cat came out of the forest one day and has been visiting ever since. We call him, Nivram. I think he is lovely and I want to be able to show him a bit of love but Marvin doesn't make friends easily. In fact, I don't think Marvin has ever had an animal friend. He loves people. He doesn't like other animals.


One day, I looked out the back door and saw Marvin and Nivram sitting close to each other on the back porch. I couldn't believe it- maybe Marvin can make a friend after all! I set some bowls of cream out for them and I put them fairly close together in hopes of the two of them getting used to each other. It worked! They both drank their cream and got close to each other and seemed to not be bothered by one another in the least. The next day, Nivram and Marvin were on the back porch again together. I opened the door to give some more cream to them and the kids asked if Nivram could come in. I was explaining to them that it wasn't a good idea for us to invite him in, and as I did, Nivram took one step towards the door. Marvin went ballistic! Marvin attacked poor Nivram and chased him deep into the forest. Our daughter was crying her eyes out.


The scuffle hasn't deterred him from coming by. But now I fear for his safety. I do try to keep Marvin indoors whenever I see Nivram. Hopefully once we move, someone will be kind to this sweet cat and give him a bit of love. I can't figure out if he has a home or if he just lives in the forest. Isn't he so handsome?

♥ Andrea ♥

4 comments:

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.