Ghostie and Jack Cozies


Two days ago a very cute and easy Halloween craft project was posted on My Paper Crane. I just had to make one! So yesterday I did. It is very satisfying to make something so quickly and easily. When I was finished making Heidi's ghostie, I tried my hand at a jack-o-lantern too. It took only about an hour to make them both. Jack was a lot more involved than the ghostie because I finished the bottom edges, added the stem and sewed lines down the front. So a ghostie cozy could be made on it's own in just minutes! What a great hostess gift for a Halloween party! We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner here this year. I may have to make the kids some ghosties to take home with them.

The ghostie cozie would be a really good project for young beginner sewers. My kids really love them. While they are too little to sew, the kids did help by choosing the facial features. I drew a bunch of possible faces and let them pick. My son was very adamant that the ghostie have three tears. After the cozies were made, we had fun playing with them like puppets.

Heidi Kenney of My Paper Crane just came out with a new craft book, Every Day's a Holiday. I'm looking forward to checking it out. I do so love making crafts with my children.

Have a great weekend friends!

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.