Homemade Granola



Mmmm granola... I made it recently for the first time in years. Now I wonder why I waited so long? It is so simple to make and incredibly delicious. This is the mix I chose, but you can use whatever nuts, seeds or dried fruit you like.

Granola

Dry
4 cups of rolled oats
1 cup whole raw almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw black sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw flax seeds

Wet
Mix together separately:
1/2 cup oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt

Directions
Mix dry and wet well and spread out evenly on cookie sheets.
Bake for about 15 minutes in the oven at 350, flip the mixture and bake for another 10 minutes or so.
Remove from the oven and add your choice of dried fruit

I added:
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup Thompson raisins
Mix well and let cool.
Once cooled and dried, store in an airtight container.



I like to eat my granola with really crunchy flakes, unsweetened almond milk and sliced banana. But we've all got our own opinions on how we like cereal, so serve it any way you like; with yogurt, berries, whatever!

We also love to have shakes for breakfast. This week while I was juicing lemons for a morning shake, I was struck by what a lovely color of yellow this lemon was. I love yellow with turquoise. It's such a lovely color combination.



May you be struck by inspiration in an unexpected place today!

Enjoy your weekend.

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.