35: A Perfect Day

*image courtesy of ♥Elycia*

I just turned 35 at the end of October. And I have to say, I'm pretty freakin' happy! I am so blessed in this life. 35 feels like a big deal to me. A bigger deal than any other birthday and I think it's because my frame of mind seems to have shifted in a rather dramatic way in the last five years. 

On the day of my birthday, I had pretty much the perfect day and I wanted to share the adventure with you. It all started bright and early when I swung by my friend Elycia's house and picked her up. We headed over to the local Starbucks where we spent a fortune on Pumpkin Spice Latte's and enjoyed every last drop of them. Then we went to check out the Thrift Store and it was a magic day there for us. I sang this song several times while we were there. I'm telling you, it really was f#@king awesome :)


After our thrift store adventure, we went for falafels and then drove over to my kid's school to see my wee daughter accept an award for caring. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? Then we were off to my house for a nice cup of tea before taking the kiddies to the local farm where we picked a pumpkin and played in a huge pile of leaves.
*image courtesy of ♥ Elycia*

This day was truly wonderful and I feel so grateful to have been able to share it with such a special friend. I only got a couple of Instagram photos from the day but luckily Elycia took some splendid pics at the farm.

I'm going to post some photos of some of the lovely things I received for my birthday this year and of Elycia and I wearing some of our thrift store loot and playing with dolls real soon. Because as you can tell, now that I'm 35, I'm a proper grown up.

For the last many days the weather has been cold and rainy. I miss fall already. My favorite time of year never seems to last long enough. But I guess these incredibly beautiful fleeting days that can only exist in the fall, is what makes it the best season of them all. Hey look, I'm a poet and I didn't know it :)

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.