Pure Vegan: Book Review


I took Pure Veganby Joseph Shuldiner out of the library a few weeks ago. This is such a beautiful book. I've returned all of the other books I got out at the same time but this one is so lovely, I want it to be mine forever. I made a bunch of recipes from Pure Vegan and loved them all so I thought I'd share them with you.

A couple of weeks ago when my nephew came to visit I wanted to put out an extra special spread so I chose a few things from the book. For appetizers, I served warm almonds and olives from the vegan tapas plate, curried walnuts and maple-ginger almonds (these were to die for!) and a fig paste along with some crackers and cheese (because we're not vegan).


For the main course, I served nutty mushroom risotto and it was so delicious I couldn't believe it! My nephew was very impressed.



I also made the three bean salad which was a big hit with the whole family. The sweetness of the oven roasted tomatoes was so delicious in this.

And I made the garbanzo bean and tomato soup another night when I didn't feel like making or eating dinner. That stew was perfect- thick, nourishing and comforting. It was loved my the whole family. Everyone, including myself, had at least two helpings.

Every recipe I tried in this book was easy to prepare, flavorful and felt like something a little more special than your average dish. My photos don't even come close to being as beautiful as the photos in the book. There are some great looking recipes for fancy drinks and desserts as well. I can't believe I resisted making one of the desserts actually. In particular, the chocolate sea salt tart looks amazing! I will sadly be taking this book back to the library today but I'll be purchasing it for sure.

I'm kind of in the habit of taking cook books out of the library. I'm always looking for new ones to try. Do you have any favorite recipe books to recommend?

I'm preparing for an exciting weekend. Our wee man turns 6 today! We'll be taking a trip to the Science Centre to celebrate and Johnny and I have tickets to see Nick Cave too! I can't wait!

Have a fun weekend.

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.