Little Homemade Homes Part 3: Fabric House Ornaments


This is the final homemade home I made for the holidays. This project also came about from a pin on Pinterest. The Fabric Home Ornaments free pattern is from the Retro Mama Blog. Her houses are absolutely adorable. Take a look!

The originator of this project included even more details on her houses- wee door numbers and little birds. These homes were fun to make, but they took me way longer to complete than I had expected which is why I skipped some of the details. Another way that I deviated from the original pattern is that I hand embroidered the stitching around the doors and windows. I tried the first few with my machine and I wasn't thrilled with the results. Mine didn't turn out looking as nice as the ones shown with the pattern. The hand-stitching of course took longer, but they came out so much lovelier that way.

I made twelve in total, but I couldn't complete them all at once so I didn't get images of them all. These were given to my family and the children's teachers. Everyone who received one of these really loved them. This is a very nice and easy holiday sewing project.

♥ Andrea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment today.